OpenOffice

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Jakster

OpenOffice

Post by Jakster »

I have downloaded OpenOffice and it is in a file I made. I am having trouble opening it. When I go into the file and click open it shows all of the things that are in the file but, I can't figure out how to look at what this is.
RonIA
Volunteer

Re: OpenOffice

Post by RonIA »

Sounds like possibly you are having trouble getting it installed. If you did double click on it and all you saw was the contents of the install file, look for a file called SETUP. Double click on that and the installation of the software should start. Please let us know if you still have any problems, or if this helps resolve your issue.
Ron from Iowa, USA
Jakster

Post by Jakster »

Thank you I will try this.
Jakster

Post by Jakster »

I tried to re-download. When I open the file I downloaded to and try to open anything it takes me to a window and asks if I want to extract the file. It is called select a destination.
huw
Volunteer

Post by huw »

It sopunds like you have downloaded a ZIP file rather than the self-installler. Try following the big green links on http://www.openoffice.org/ to the download.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Jakster wrote:I tried to re-download. When I open the file I downloaded to and try to open anything it takes me to a window and asks if I want to extract the file. It is called select a destination.
OK - that sounds like the installation routine...it will extract and then start the actual install.

My suggestion - just use the defaults for everything...
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04