[Solved] How to switch dictionaries/spellcheckers?

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?

[Solved] How to switch dictionaries/spellcheckers?

Postby kaloryfer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi,

After successfully installing French and Polish dictionaries, I'm having trouble using them:
It seems that the english dictionary is set as default for spellchecking for all documents. I frequently work with documents in all three languages (en, fr, pl), so I would like to know how to somehow set a spellchecking language for a particular document?

When I click "Spellcheck" and select French as the Dictionary Language it only works for one word, on the next word it goes back to English.
When I select Tools->Options->Languages->Language Settings and select French as the default language for Western documents, it still doesn't help, the default spellchecker is still English.

So I'm lost, is it even possible to set a language for spellchecking a particular document?
Last edited by kaloryfer on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaloryfer

Re: How to switch dictionaries/spellcheckers?

Postby Hagar Delest » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:55 pm

See that thread : [Tutorial] Spell check and Language configuration. I guess you're using a custom template. In that case, check your Default paragraph style settings.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.

NB: Please read also the Survival Guide for the forum.
AOO 4.1.6 on Xubuntu 19.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 7 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Postby kaloryfer » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Thanks, the tutorial's been some help. I think the problem was that I was doing everything on a MS Word document and it somehow refused to switch its default language, but I got past that by changing the language for each paragraph to French. Everything seems to work fine with new documents though.

Thanks again. :)
kaloryfer

Postby Hagar Delest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:52 pm

kaloryfer wrote:I got past that by changing the language for each paragraph to French.

If the Default paragraph style is set to French already, you can select the text of the document and apply the default formatting, it will remove any direct formatting pasted either by MS Word or by the import operation.
AOO 4.1.6 on Xubuntu 19.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 7 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Return to Install, Setup and Troubleshooting