[Solved] How to change default settings to OpenOffice.org

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
White Phoenix

[Solved] How to change default settings to OpenOffice.org

Post by White Phoenix »

I found how to set the default font to Writer, but what about the other modules of OO? There are other default settings I would like to change also like date format, alignment, and whether the wizard comes up or not when you open Base. I expected this to be under Tools>Options, but I couldn’t find it.
Last edited by White Phoenix on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: How to change default settings to OpenOffice

Post by DrewJensen »

White Phoenix wrote:I found how to set the default font to Writer, but what about the other modules of OO? There are other default settings I would like to change also like date format, alignment, and whether the wizard comes up or not when you open Base. I expected this to be under Tools>Options, but I couldn’t find it.
Well I don;t think you can change some of those

The date format is mostly controlled by your OS local settings. If you are talking of Base here again then the default date format, and what you can and can not do with it, is controlled more by the database engine you choose to use.
Alignment - not sure what you mean by this.
The wizard for Base - nope, can't turn that off - if you open an ODB file directly the wizard doesn't come start but otherwise, yes it is going to run.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
White Phoenix

Re: How to change default settings to OpenOffice

Post by White Phoenix »

Alignment refers to the alignment of the cell contents in the spreadsheet or database. And so there is no way to set the default font for Calc, Math or Base either? I have been using Works up until recently and while there are a few minor features not in OpenOffice there were a lot of things that were fairly primitive in Works.

Well, the wizard isn’t too much of a problem. Just takes getting used to I suppose.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.