Help with recovery

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Fitspat707

Help with recovery

Post by Fitspat707 »

Hi , sorry if this is posted in wrong place . I have an issue with a calc document an important one namely my hours worked and wages due ....i went into edit and add todays hours and it said document not recovered yet so i said yes to recover it but this failed .... so i searched pc for doc and tried to open it this way but all i get is a pop-up box of filter selection please help as i could not possibly re do a whole 1/4's account :(
openoffice 4.1.7 running on windows 10
robleyd

Re: help with recovery

Post by robleyd »

If you are seeing the ASCII Filter Options dialog, your document is almost certainly damaged beyond recovery.

As soon as possible try the methods in this tutorial for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file.

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. This may recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

Waste no time with the existing file - I doubt it will have any usable content.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers