Trying but failing to utilize my Java Runtime Environment

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
boardbro

Trying but failing to utilize my Java Runtime Environment

Post by boardbro »

Some online outfit I am dealing with allows me to export support tickets by comma-delimited values (not very desirable) OR in "Excel format". So I chose the later, figuring that Open Office can handle it. But when I try to open it/them in OO I get error message re "unable to open this until you install a JRE for use". I am certain I already have Java\jre1.8.0_301\bin\javaw.exe because I can see it within Program Files. But when I go to OO Tools>>Options and click on Java it shows an empty list, ie no jre's. So of course I click on "Add" and I direct it to the appropriate folder, BUT IT ALWAYS comes back with error: "There is no Java Runtime Environment contained within the specified folder; try again". I get that error whether I specify the main Java folder, or the jre subfolder, or the sub-subfolder \bin. And restarting OO accomplishes nothing. ANY IDEAS?? Thanks so much.
AOO 4.1.10 in Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Trying but failing to utilize my Java Runtime Environmen

Post by John_Ha »

Search the forum with Java - you must install 32-bit Java for AOO.

See Troubleshooting Open/LibreOffice and Java in Tutorials.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Trying but failing to utilize my Java Runtime Environmen

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice