[Dropped] Unable to open XLS document

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
bbtdm13

[Dropped] Unable to open XLS document

Post by bbtdm13 »

My writer version is working fine but when I try to open any xls document it won't open just says loading. I have included a screenshot and the length of the green progress bar stays at the same spot and doesn't move. How do I get this issue fixed as I need this document to be able to open. It has a list of my leads in it. :crazy:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-08-22 231907.jpg
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No response from OP
Open Office 4.1.10 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Excel Version having issues...

Post by Villeroy »

Replace OpenOffice with LibreOffice, particularly if you want to work with foreign file formats. Many years ago OpenOffice turned into a zombie project. A well known brand without development resources.

https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/li ... penoffice/
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
bbtdm13

Re: Unable to open XLS document

Post by bbtdm13 »

Already did. Never had that issue till yesterday. 2 bad cause I really liked OpenOffic.
Open Office 4.1.10 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Unable to open XLS document

Post by Villeroy »

You did what? Install LibreOffice? You have that issue with LibreOffice? No, your screenshot shows the OpenOffice icon in the title bar.

LibreOffice is the OpenOffice that would be if not 99% of the voluteers had deserted to LibreOffice. It is almost the same program with hundreds of improvements.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice