Can't edit macros or switch libraries.

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Ikth

Can't edit macros or switch libraries.

Post by Ikth »

I've been trying to figure out this issue for a while now but for some reason on every version above 4.0.1 I can't edit macros I've created or switch libraries. I recorded the linked steps detailing that I can open the default module1 that comes in the standard library, but if I make my own it crashes when I try to edit it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0t257a4hy9ii ... e.zip?dl=0

I did this from a fresh install with the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice folder deleted. This behavior is somewhat new, as last week if I made a macro from scratch I could edit it, but it would still crash when switching libraries from within the macro editing window. This week, I can't edit a macro even if I make a library or module from scratch! The previous behavior allowed me to salvage macros written in 3.1.1 by copy-pasting their content into a new library/module created from scratch in 4.1.x. These previous macros could also not otherwise be edited.

I see a lot of threads going back as far as 2018, but everything marked "solved" just says that they gave up and stopped trying to move to a newer version. Some claim it's an issue with a windows update and others claim it's a security feature. Whatever it is, I have no idea how to fix it.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 10