Images disappear from Impress

Discuss the presentation application
piranha

Images disappear from Impress

Post by piranha »

I'm using OpenOffice 4.1.7 and I'm working on a presentation in "Impress" and my images keep disappearing leaving a blank image with three cubes in red, orange and blue.
3546sdf235.png
3546sdf235.png (3.69 KiB) Viewed 8124 times
This happens super randomly. Re-adding the images doesnt help.

I googled for 20 minutes but couldn't find a solution.

This presentation is due tomorrow and this is destroying everything!
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
FJCC

Re: URGENT HELP: Images disappear from Impress

Post by FJCC »

Try increasing the memory for graphics cache. If you are on Windows or Linux, the menu is Tools -> Options, expand the OpenOffice list on the left and click memory. You can increase that a lot, say to 200MB.

More information about the number and kinds of images might elicit more suggestions. Are they very high resolution? What format are they in?

There is a lot of information about using images here.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

It's a known bug in AOO (worse) and in LO (better).

See 16 - Lost images in [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion of the bug.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A quick answer is to switch to LibreOffice which spent a lot of money to fix the problem. Running on Linux, i found that in /Tools /Options /Load-Save : General; disabling "Save AutoRecovery information" cures this problem for me.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
piranha

Re: Images disappear from Impress

Post by piranha »

/Tools /Options /Load-Save : General; disabling "Save AutoRecovery information"

Doesnt fix it for me.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
Roosjepoes

Re: Images disappear from Impress

Post by Roosjepoes »

Hi there, actually I have a 3.2 version of Open Office installed on Windows 7 but it was impossible to make a registration with the correct data....so for anyone interested I had the same issue of images disappearing in my ODT documents. After converting the ODT documents in which images disappeared, to PDF documents using online tools, the images reappeared in the PDF documents. I hope this will help someone