Print in Grayscale always comes up Black and not off

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Vaxman

Print in Grayscale always comes up Black and not off

Post by Vaxman »

When starting to print a color document the paper/quality under "Print in Grayscale" always come up as "Black Ink Only". I have to reset it to off when I print a color page. How do I set this so that it is set to off without my doing it by hand every time?

I am running windows 10

Thanks
Open Office 4.1.5
Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Print in Grayscale always comes up Black and not off

Post by RusselB »

With the printers I have, an Epson, a Canon and an HP, this is a printer setting, not an OpenOffice setting.
The default of Black Ink Only when using Greyscale is mostly correct, though technically misleading.
The black ink will be used mainly when printing grayscale, though a little of the colored ink will be used to create the greyscale, otherwise you would have noting but black for a greyscale print.
If you don't select Print In Grayscale, then that setting should either not show or show as unselected. It should only come up as preselected when choosing the Print in Grayscale option.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.