Activation after Installation ... (Windows 10)

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Indian57

Activation after Installation ... (Windows 10)

Post by Indian57 »

Hi I'm new here so hello everyone. I have installed the latest version of OpenOffice onto my offline Windows 10 machine. It is asking me to Activate it but I am offline on that computer. Is it possible to activate it like say using my cellphone internet and getting some kind of keycode then transferring that from phone to computer?
I've been able to do this with countless software products over the years. But there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to do that when I have the software open and unusable waiting for activation.
Thank you in advance for any help.

-Indian
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Activation after Installation ... (Windows 10)

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

There is no activation needed. The only thing it can ask is your name for the "author" information. It is useful since it will allow AOO to remember the last position in your documents, so that you don't need to scroll to that position when you reopen a document.

Make sure you have downloaded a genuine AOO installer, see link bottom right of the forum pages.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10