Create your OWN key sequence for a shortcut

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Laurelion

Create your OWN key sequence for a shortcut

Post by Laurelion »

As title, I'll try to explain better.
I wont create a new shortcut with a new series of keys and then assign to a macro.
For example I want to create a shortcut with this keys: "ctrl+shift+<" or "ctrl+shift+>", I have found a hundred topic to assign the shortcut to something but no one about create a shortcut by zero.
It is possibile with Openoffice?
Thanks
OpenOffice 4 on Windows 10 Home
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Create your OWN key sequence for a shortcut

Post by John_Ha »

Tools > Customise > Keyboard ..., shows what is available. See Appendix A in the Writer User Guide.

Or add the macro to a toolbar and give it an icon - it's then just one mouse click. See the Writer tutorial on recording macros for how.

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date AOO Writer for Students and the Writer User Guide. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Create your OWN key sequence for a shortcut

Post by Bill »

Laurelion wrote:It is possibile with Openoffice?
AFAIK, it's not possible to create new keyboard shortcuts in AOO. There is no "New" button on the Customize dialog. You might be able to do it using AutoHotkey for Windows.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04