Disable document recovery

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
jopema

Disable document recovery

Post by jopema »

I need help disable document recovery, this is a virus as it is executing unwanted operations on my computer.
If I want a document to be corrupted it i s my choice.
I want the auto save function intact.
I have removed the battery on my laptop just to be able pulling the plug when necessary and the only software that can not cope this is openoffice. Pulling the plug on my computer is my right and you have the right think and feel about my rights but it is my solution handling virus attacks, not yours, and I do not have to tell you what I work with moe than I need high security and a fast booting computer free from openoffice recovery virus.
signature i just write any shit here OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
Hagar Delest

Re: Disable document recovery

Post by Hagar Delest »

See if that helps, some hints in the various posts: How to stop "auto recovery".

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

jopema wrote:... document recovery ... is a virus as it is executing unwanted operations on my computer.
That is completely wrong as it is not a virus. See Chapter 2 - Choosing options for loading and saving documents in the User Guide.

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date AOO Writer for Students and the Writer User Guide. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

Press F1 to access the Help screen and search for your problem

The chapter headings in the manual are:

1 - Introducing Writer
2 - Setting up Writer
3 - Working with Text
4 - Formatting Pages
5 - Printing, Exporting, Faxing and E-Mailing
6 - Introduction to Styles
7 - Working with Styles
8 - Working with Graphics
9 - Working with Tables
10 - Working with Templates
11 - Using Mail Merge
12 - Tables of Contents, Indexes and Bibliographies
13 - Working with Master Documents
14 - Working with Fields
15 - Using Forms in Writer
16 - Customizing Writer – Keyboard shortcuts.

When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

John_Ha wrote:That is completely wrong as it is not a virus. See Chapter 2 - Choosing options for loading and saving documents in the User Guide.
I don't see the point. There is nothing that prevents AOO from creating the lock file that will trigger a recovery. It is not the first time we see such question in the forum.

BTW, in the PDF guides, the PDF about AOO setup is missing. The ODT version is available but requires some digging (and the knowledge that there is an ODT version for the guides).
DiGro

Post by DiGro »

Hagar Delest wrote:BTW, in the PDF guides, the PDF about AOO setup is missing. The ODT version is available but requires some digging (and the knowledge that there is an ODT version for the guides).
Thanks, should be fixed now :super:

AOO 4.1.15 (Dutch) on Windows 11. Scanned with Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure)
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Indeed, thanks!