[Solved] Restore Config

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
CapCrockett

[Solved] Restore Config

Post by CapCrockett »

Upon the last release of OO I decided to completely uninstall the old version, and thus I lost the color palette I liked, as well as some other settings. I have a backup, and the file OpenOffice is in my recycle bin. Can I restore the entire OpenOffice file without damaging my OO installation, or are there only specific folders or files that I can restore from by backup prior to uninstalling OO?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10 Home
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Restore Config

Post by Villeroy »

All your user settings are stored in your profile folder %APPDATA%\OpenOffice\4\user\
This folder is not touched by a regular de-installation. It remains until you (or some "clean up" software) deletes it.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
CapCrockett

Re: Restore Config

Post by CapCrockett »

Thank you! You are the one!

P.S. I'm sorry I forgot to mark it as solved.
Last edited by CapCrockett on Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Restore Config

Post by Hagar Delest »

You should make a backup of the profile (exclude the /backup folder). It will keep your customization safe, especially if you've installed several extensions and made a lot of UI tweaking (toolbars and shortcuts but also words added to dictionary).
It can save much time, especially if you tweak a macro (be it from an extension or one you've added by yourself).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
CapCrockett

Re: [Solved] Restore Config

Post by CapCrockett »

Thank you for that suggestion. I will ensure that I do.