[Issue] Thunderbird/Seamonkey and OpenOffice

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
airdrummer

[Issue] Thunderbird/Seamonkey and OpenOffice

Post by airdrummer »

i use thunderbird/seamonkey, have configured oo with working email creds, but oo fails test settings, either in separate authorization
or same auth:
same.auth can't even establish network connection:=\
use ssl also fails either way...so what's the majick incantation this time?-\
aoo4.1.9
osX.15.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Email

Post by Villeroy »

Remove the trailing slash from host name vps67167.inmotionhosting.com
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
airdrummer

Re: [Solved] Email

Post by airdrummer »

already tried that thanx
aoo4.1.9
osX.15.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Email; thunderbird/seamonkey and OpenOffice

Post by Villeroy »

The slash is definitively wrong.
------------
When I want to add a new mail account to Thunderbird, I call menu:Edit>Account Settings (may be Tools>Account Settings on your system). A dialog pops up with a command button in the bottom-left corner where I choose "Add Mail Account".
Then I am prompted for my display name (Forename Surname or anything), the mail address (name@host.org) and password. This information should be sufficient that Thunderbird negotiates all the other details such as host name and port number with the mail host.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Villeroy wrote:The slash is definitively wrong.
------------
When I want to add a new mail account to Thunderbird, I call menu:Edit>Account Settings (may be Tools>Account Settings on your system). A dialog pops up with a command button in the bottom-left corner where I choose "Add Mail Account".
Then I am prompted for my display name (Forename Surname or anything), the mail address (name@host.org) and a password that is known to you and the provider. This information should be sufficient that Thunderbird negotiates all the other details such as host name and port number with the mail host.
airdrummer

Post by airdrummer »

jah, danke, ich weiss dass;-) and removing the slash, which i said i had done, does not fix the problem.

and why the disparity between separate & same authentication? both fail, but same.auth can't even make a network cnxn. same problem in libre office
aoo4.1.9
osX.15.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Email: Thunderbird/Seamonkey and OpenOffice

Post by Villeroy »

airdrummer

Post by airdrummer »

thanx, but i have no problem accessing my accts in thunderbird/seamonkey...the issue is o.o. email access:-\

but @ least o.o. is better than libreoffice: https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question ... up-broken/
aoo4.1.9
osX.15.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The issue is unrelated to Open/LibreOffice.

If you want to use Thunderbird follow the video which explains in detail how to install and set up Thunderbird to receive your email hosted on inmotionhosting.com.

Even without Thunderbird you are free to attach your documents to your emails using any other mail client or some webmail in a browser. Simply save your document and point your preferred tool to the file. A mail client like Thunderbird makes it a little bit more convenient because you can send documents via menu File>Send... which will open new email window with the document attached.
airdrummer

Post by airdrummer »

sorry for the confusion, i have no trouble sending/receiving email with thunderbird.

what doesn't work is o.o/l.o's mailmerge to send emails, as documented in
https://help.libreoffice.org/7.1/en-US/ ... System=MAC
(same in o.o.)

i've also never gotten logical operations to work in m.m. fields, but u get what u pay for, amirite?-}
aoo4.1.9
osX.15.7
robleyd

Re: [Issue] Thunderbird/Seamonkey and OpenOffice

Post by robleyd »

Cross posted to AskLibreOffice.

If you cross post, please let us know that you have done so, otherwise it leads to several discussions and a waste of time because several identical answers may be posted by different users.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers