[Solved] Registering for Bugzilla issue submission

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Som30ne

[Solved] Registering for Bugzilla issue submission

Post by Som30ne »

Hi there all.

I tried reporting some issues with AOO.
Trying to register a user for the issue tracker, lead me to a page specifying that users cannot self-register,
and only admin is now allowed to create accounts.
It has been almost 2 months since I applied for an account that will allow me to log into the issue tracker,
but still, no reply and no sign of life from the admin.

To spare some harsh words . . . .
how can this be taken to the next step ?

Thanks
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Registering for issue submission

Post by John_Ha »

Try again.

To be honest, I think you are wasting your time as AOO is walking dead. AOO development and bug fixing has virtually ceased whereas LibreOffice remains under continuous development.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
MrProgrammer

Re: Registering for issue submission

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Som30ne wrote:Trying to register a user for the issue tracker, lead me to a page specifying that users cannot self-register,
Maybe this link will help. The page is difficult to find. It took me about 45 minutes.
ASF Bugzilla – Create a new ASF Bugzilla account
Som30ne wrote:How can this be taken to the next step ?
No one here can help you if the Bugzilla administrator doesn't create an account for you. As John_Ha has noted, there is little chance of getting issues fixed unless they completely break the product. Perhaps they've decided to only let develpers create issues since they are the ones who can fix them. I do not know that — just guessing at a possibility.

This is a user-to-user forum. I am an OpenOffice user just like you are. Just like everyone else here. Developers don't look at this forum. Bugzilla administrators don't look at this forum. The Apache Software Foundation management team does not look at this forum. We may be able to point you in the right direction, as I've tried to do above. Disclaimer: I haven't tried to follow the steps in that link myself since I don't need a Bugzilla account. Perhaps someone in Project Management can help you.
Som30ne wrote:… no sign of life from the admin.
Perhaps the administrator has COVID-19 and is on a ventilator. I do not know that — just guessing at a possibility.
Som30ne wrote:To spare some harsh words …
Harsh words here only reduce the possibility that someone will reply. Polite is always the way to go when asking for help, here or elsewhere. I am sorry that I cannot be of further assistance.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
robleyd

Re: Registering for Bugzilla issue submission

Post by robleyd »

New registrations on the Bugzilla site were suspended a few months ago due to an epidemic of spam. I don't know whether registration has been re-opened, but you could subscribe to the Development Mailing List and request access to Bugzilla there.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers