AndrOpen Office file recovery

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
WonderToast

AndrOpen Office file recovery

Post by WonderToast »

Hi, I have been working on a project for a few hours in the android app, on my samsung tablet. I switched out of the app to look something up, and when I switched back, i got a popup saying the file was already open, i tapped the open and edit option, and it opened last nights save, instead of the current open document. Now all of today's work is gone. I have it set to auto recover every 15 minutes, but I cant find the recovery files. Where are they? Please tell me it's not all gone, I was so in the creative zone, I'll be devastated if I have to start over.
Andropen office version 4.6.9 on android
Hagar Delest

Re: Andropen office file recovery

Post by Hagar Delest »

See [Tutorial] The OpenOffice user profile. You may find a backup.
But if you hadn't saved at all, few chance to recover anything.
What I don't understand is that you opened the file while it was still open in another instance of the app? Why not switch with the task manager?

Please note that AndrOpen Office is not part of the official AOO project.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
WonderToast

Re: AndrOpen Office file recovery

Post by WonderToast »

I didnt like, go back and reopen the file from the menu or anything, the app was only open in one tab, I switched to my browser tab for a moment then back to the app. I never closed or reopened the app, just switched back and forth, and it gave me the pop up. I thought it was weird, but the only options it gave were to close the document, or open it again, so that's what I did.
Andropen office version 4.6.9 on android
Hagar Delest

Re: AndrOpen Office file recovery

Post by Hagar Delest »

OK, it seems linked to the way AndrOpen Office handles the instances of documents in the tabs.
You should ask the developers of the port. If they don't have a forum, you can give the url to this discussion, it may be useful for other AndrOpen Office users as well.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10