[OpenOffice Portable] Modifying main.xcd to use ES Locale

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
sergiodev

[OpenOffice Portable] Modifying main.xcd to use ES Locale

Post by sergiodev »

Hi guys!

First, I would like to apologize in case you don't understand what I'm trying to say. English is not my main language, but I will give my best.

Right now I have a test application I'm developing. In this application, right now I'm generating an Excel. From that Excel, I generate a PDF too using OppenOffice portable that I have allowed in my server, to be more precise, the folder I put into my server was: OpenOfficePortable\App\openoffice , and I access to the soffice.bin using Java.

So... what's the main problem about this?
The decimal format is being lost when it is converted to PDF. What I mean is... in the US format, 1.8 is not the same than in the spanish format. In the spanish format we use the coma for decimals instead the dot. So in spanish the number would be 1,8. The thing is in my Excel I see that number right, but when I download and open my PDF, suddenly the number is 1.8 . I've been checking and it looks like it takes the locale from my server's machine where I'm hosting my application, and I can't change it. My question is... do I have to modify main.xcd in order to have my Locale to ES everywhere to respect the decimal? I saw this:

Code: Select all

<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Setup/L10N">
		<prop oor:name="DecimalSeparatorAsLocale" oor:op="fuse">
			<value>true</value>
		</prop>
	</item>
In the following route from the original installation folder, but that's not on my server and I don't know if that file is only for the .exe programs , whose I'm not using. The path where that file is located at:
OpenOfficePortable\Data\settings\user\registrymodifications.xcu.

This is what I tryid to modify into the main.xcd, but it didn't work.

Code: Select all

<oor:component-data oor:package="org.openoffice" oor:name="System">
		<node oor:name="L10N">
			<prop oor:name="Locale">
				<value>es-ES</value>
			</prop>
			<prop oor:name="UILocale">
				<value>es-ES</value>
			</prop>
			<prop oor:name="SystemLocale">
				<value>es-ES</value>
			</prop>
		</node>
	</oor:component-data>
Any ideas about which file should I modify in order to priorize the decimal separator format for spanish language?

Sorry if something it's not clear. As I told, English is not my first language. And please any questions about something you need me to specify, just ask. If you want to see Java code I will post it, but I think the problem is about the OpenOffice configuration about the Locale and Decimal Separator Configuration.

Thanks.
OppenOffice 4.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [OpenOffice Portable] Modifying main.xcd to use ES Local

Post by Zizi64 »

PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: [OpenOffice Portable] Modifying main.xcd to use ES Local

Post by Bill »

"oppenoffice 4.2" is not a real product name that I can find. Did you mean "Apache OpenOffice 4.2" (which is still in development and not officially released) or maybe "OpenOffice.org 3.2"? Where did you download the installer for this product?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04