[Solved] Unresponsive

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
ramseyavenuebooksllc

[Solved] Unresponsive

Post by ramseyavenuebooksllc »

Sent a document as an attachment to gmail. Later added one line to document. Now AOO is totally locked, all gray. Cannot uninstall. Installer asks to close AOO, but can't close. Tried to uninstall from computer settings, same result.

I can open old documents, but can't open new ones. Screen shows the one sent by email; can't make any entries on screen.
------------
Total restart solved it. Still don't know the cause. Tnx for patience. Happy New Year!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
open office 4.1.6 with Windows 10.
RusselB

Re: Unresponsive

Post by RusselB »

Uninstalling is not the answer.
First thing you need to do is close OpenOffice, which can be done using Windows Task Manager. You can open the Task Manager window by using Ctrl+Shift+Esc
Once that window is open, go to the Processes tab, then look through the list for soffice
Note the "s" at the beginning.
You need to End task each of those processes.
Please note that, as you are using Windows 10, the exact names, with the exception of the soffice, may be different. I'm still using Windows 7 and am using the names I see.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
ramseyavenuebooksllc

Re: [Solved] Unresponsive

Post by ramseyavenuebooksllc »

Russell, thanks for your reply. But my screen says it was 1:16 a.m. Friday in Sarnia ON. Here it is now 6:28 p.m. ????
open office 4.1.6 with Windows 10.
RusselB

Re: [Solved] Unresponsive

Post by RusselB »

Your post has a logged forum date/time of Dec. 26, 2019 17:06, as seen by me in Sarnia.
My reply has a logged forum date/time of Dec. 26, 2019 18:16, as seen by me in Sarnia.
Thus the timing between your logged post and my response is 1 hour and 10 minutes.
No one can help when there is a delay of 15 hours and 50 minutes between your time of 1:16 am and your post time of 5:06 pm.
Additionally, we are volunteer helpers and it is Christmas time. Many businesses are closed this time of year, and at the hour that you state your problem occurred.

Additionally, if your screen is showing Friday, then your computer is off by a day or you are in a different time zone from what I am, as it is still Thursday here.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.