[Solved] Writer download

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
eljac

[Solved] Writer download

Post by eljac »

After multiple attempts to load Openoffice 4.1.7; I have managed all except the WRITER.
I want to link GMAIL through to OpenOffice similar to what I had with Outlook.
Can I get a simple ' HOW to download Writer"
Thanks
Last edited by eljac on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.7
Windows 7 Pro
RoryOF

Re: WRITER DOWNLOAD

Post by RoryOF »

If you have downloaded OpenOffice, you need to install the downloaded file, which includes Writer. Double click on that file and it should install.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: WRITER DOWNLOAD

Post by Zizi64 »

Can I get a simple ' HOW to download Writer"
The Apache OpenOffice and the LibreOffice are integrated office suites. You can not spare any place on your HDD or SSD if you want install only one of the included applications. There is one common executable file: the soffice.bin. That it will run in multiple copies when you start the Calc, the Writer, the Draw... applications, but they will run with different parameters.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bidouille
Volunteer

Re: Writer download

Post by Bidouille »

eljac wrote:I want to link GMAIL through to OpenOffice similar to what I had with Outlook.
OpenOffice is not a PIM tool.
Use Thunderbird if you want same thing than MS-Outlook.
eljac

Post by eljac »

I thank all of your entries. However my overall objective is to totally replace MS office. Gmail recently cancelled connection to Outlook and my immediate concern is to replace what was similar to Outlook. Meaning I want to be able to MOVE emails from Gmail into something on my personal desktop PC. I have installed version4.1.7 but WRITER is nowhere to be found. When I open Openoffice, I have Text, Spreadsheet, Pre4sentation, Drawing, Database, Formula, and Templates. Even back to C:\\Openoffice ( where I have loaded Openoffice) there is no file called WRITER.
Open Office 4.1.7
Windows 7 Pro
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Text is Writer
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Text is Writer
Drawing is Draw
Spreadsheet is Calc
Database is Base
Presentation is Impress
Formula is Math
Templates opens an area where custom templates can be stored.... This, imo, is more advanced than what most users want/need to deal with.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.