Project - help calculate formula

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
sk3459

Project - help calculate formula

Post by sk3459 »

Hello,

I want to be able to enter a word or words in a cell, then in the cell next to it have its numbers shown based on its numerology.

Every letter has a number e.g. a=1, b=2, c=3, etc.

(See attached).

E.g. London adds up to 29... 2 and 9 added together equals 11... however, double numbers shouldn't be broken in numerology, so it stays as an 11.

(See attached).

If you think you can help please get in touch.

Sincerely,
Attachments
2017-05-12_2200.png
2017-05-12_2200.png (4.06 KiB) Viewed 6521 times
numerology chart.png
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Project - help calculate formula

Post by RusselB »

If you want to pay for this bit of advice, please make a donation to a local food bank.
This appears to be able to be done by using SUMPRODUCT with (or without) a MATCH. I think the formula would be simpler (and shorter) working with the MATCH function.
Regretfully I'm not at home, so I can't provide you with a working function, but this might be enough to enable you to work it out on your own.
If it is, great.... but either way I'll work on something when I get home.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Re: Project - help calculate formula

Post by robleyd »

This topic may also be helpful.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers