OpenOffice Calc Coder

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
theibel

OpenOffice Calc Coder

Post by theibel »

I am looking to pay someone to help me with some OpenOffice formulas for several spreadsheets. One is ready to go right now, but more will follow. I normally hire through the Upwork community, and the ideal candidate would be a member of Upwork. However, I'm willing to work with anyone on theses various projects.

While I write some formulas myself, I don't always have the time to research new formulas, and that's where you come in. It's easier for me to pay someone else while I work on other projects.

Please see the attached spreadsheet and look at the "Print" tab to see what needs to be done.

Please contact me through this forum with your price if you can do this.

Attached is the actual spreadsheet you'll be working with for this project.

Thank you!
Tom Heibel
Attachments
BG Rebates.ods
Rebate spreadsheet for car dealerships
(26.48 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7 Professional
Yes! I'm a car salesman. I write code for the automotive industry and founded the IN Automotive Advertising Network (INA2N).
RusselB

Re: OpenOffice Calc Coder

Post by RusselB »

While I don't have the knowledge to complete what you are asking for, a bit of free advice regarding your formulas for sheet Rebates in columns R, S & T.
The SUM function used in column R can be modified to

Code: Select all

=SUM($H5:$Q5)
making Calc use the range, rather than the individual cells.
This is the most efficient use of the SUM function.
Additionally using the SUM function in S & T, where you are actually performing a subtraction is not as efficient as just using the basic subtraction.
ie: Use

=$g5-$h5
rather than

=sum($g5-$h5)
The differences are minimal and for processing time, realistically, unnoticeable, but they are measurable.
If you're going to use the functions, you might as well use them in the most efficient method available.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
theibel

Post by theibel »

@RusselB I like the way you think. Your mods are in.
Yes! I'm a car salesman. I write code for the automotive industry and founded the IN Automotive Advertising Network (INA2N).
theibel

Post by theibel »

Is there any way to print only non-empty fields using some type of MATCH or VLOOKUP? I'm still trying to find an answer to this spreadsheet formula. For example, how can I display an entire row from a formula search into the new worksheet in my file above? At least this way, I can simply print this worksheet in a mail merge with a Text document.