Import to Sheet

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
JohnG139

Import to Sheet

Post by JohnG139 »

Hi.
I need to import data from a text file exported from another program to a spreadsheet.
The text file needs to be parsed for date, last name, first name, for two players, and for a score for each record.
The Sheet has column A as 'Last', column B as 'first' and columns I through DD representing the dates into which the participants score will be entered.
Unfortunately, the program from which the data is exported cannot also export a key field for each person, necessitating parsing each data line for two participants, and scanning the sheet rows for each participant and determine the offset for the score entry.
I cannot seem to be able to paste screen shots of the text file or sheet to this post, but if you are interested in quoting for this project please email me (see my forum profile) and I can provide you with these.
Thanks.
John
Openoffice 3.3.0 on WINDOWS 7