IN PROCESS Tweaking a database

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
jennymac

IN PROCESS Tweaking a database

Post by jennymac »

Hi,
I have been building a database for my husband's shop for about 8 weeks. It is my first attempt at OO - I have used MSAccess in the past - both as a front end user and DB creator but I have to use OOBase now. The project taking far longer than I have time for so I am looking for some help to get it past the 'nice' stage to the 'useful' stage.
There are three areas on it I am seeking help (ATM!). The database is to track warranty claims for items brought back to our shop.

1) When I click on the button I have labelled 'create a new claim' on the main menu, it should open a new/clean/empty form using frm_CustomerDetails but it doesn't. It opens an existing record. I had some help with the DB 10 days ago and there is a macro on the button (I think) that might be making it open an existing record rather than a new record. The next button 'open an existing claim' opens in the first record which is fine (ATM).

2) On the form 'Customer Details' I have added 2 group boxes each with 2 options buttons. They have just been added but they are not on the table connected to frm_CustomerDetails. Does this matter? Will the info collected through the form be saved somewhere (i.e. if I print out the Customer Details will the info be on it because it is not on the table?)

3) When a customer brings in a product for a warranty claim, the product may be repaired, replaced or returned. We need to track this info. The plan is that the first form opened is the Customer Details form. If the decision is made that it needs
to be repair, we then should click the 'repair' button which goes to the Repair Form. The cunning plan was that the claim ID, set when the new claim was opened, would be linked to the repair form (and/or refund and /or return form to streamline the process but this does not work, despite the relationships. I want to have that info move across with each form opened pertaining to a specific records.

I can provide a work flow chart and documentation of what is required, as well as the DB. :)
I look forward to hearing from some one who may be able to help.
Blessings
Jenny
Last edited by jennymac on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.0.0
Windows 7
Joomla 1.0 - 3.2
jennymac

Re: Tweeking a database

Post by jennymac »

Is there no one out there who can help me?
Open Office 4.0.0
Windows 7
Joomla 1.0 - 3.2
FoXSkr

Re: IN PROCESS Tweeking a database

Post by FoXSkr »

Hi I can help you. Plz contact me FoXSkr@list.ru
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
darkcity

Re: IN PROCESS Tweeking a database

Post by darkcity »

Did you successfully tweek your database?
OpenOffice 4.0.3.3 (split HSQLDB 2.3.) on Puppy Slacko 5.3.1 Linux