[Solved] I need a database

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
texasbigbeer

[Solved] I need a database

Post by texasbigbeer »

I have a small craft brewery and need a database set up.
Is it possible to hire somebody to set it up and help us through the debugging process?
I need to be able to store a retailers information and our different beer brands and pricing.
We need to be able to quickly input sales by selecting retailer, beer brand / size and quantity sold.
Then at the end of the month we need to print a report with all sales to each retailer in a comma delimited file.
Is this possible?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: I need a database

Post by RoryOF »

It may be a less expensive option to purchase an off the shelf business accounting package and tune that to your needs. I have used a very old (c 1999) Quickbooks for Windows which I think might do the job you require. It might be worth looking for such or similar on eBay.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
texasbigbeer

Post by texasbigbeer »

I have not been able to find a program that will export the Texas Comptroller's report in the proper format.
texasbigbeer

Post by texasbigbeer »

I will post the request for help on my breweries facebook page also. I am sure out of 1,700 fans, somebody can set up a database and report. :D
https://www.facebook.com/texasbigbeerbrewery
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: live link disabled
texasbigbeer

Post by texasbigbeer »

Don't worry about it. After posting a help request on the Texas Big Beer Brewery facebook page. I have several people email me who volunteered to do it for us free!
You just gotta love the Craft Beer People :D