MS Access application to OOo

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
cneeds

MS Access application to OOo

Post by cneeds »

Hi

I've known about OOo for a long time but never got round to looking at it, until now... :idea:

I need help converting a 2003 MS Access application to OOo. But first I need advice on the best open source language/database to use.

There are several must-haves in the existing app (that helps Insurance Brokers/Underwriters manage their client/policy portfolios):
  • Optimistic record locking
  • Referential integrity
  • Transaction rollback
If you have experience in these issues and want to contribute please posit your view and, where possible, substantiate it with real-life examples.

Hope I'm not asking too much... :ucrazy:
OOo 3.2 WinXP Chris
squenson
Volunteer

Re: MS Access application to OOo

Post by squenson »

Personnally, I would recommend a "LAMP" environment as the new platform for your application. "LAMP" is an acronym for Linux (Operating System), Apache (Web engine), mySQL (database engine) and PHP (programming language). mySQL supports referential integrity and transaction rollback. Depending on your low- or high-concurrency situation, mySQL supports optimistic or pessimistic record locking. Another advantage of the "LAMP" architecture is that your server and data can be anywhere, used from anywhere and maintained from anywhere and this can dramatically reduce the total cost of ownership of your application.

For more information, I suggest that you contact me by email: stephane.quenson (at) gmail (dot) com.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04