I need a developer!

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
JamnTurtl

I need a developer!

Post by JamnTurtl »

I'm looking for an openoffice base developer for a small application. I've started it (tables done, some forms done) but between full-time grad school and working a lot, I don't have time, and my programming skills have degraded to a point where this work is just painful.

Developer requirements:
- Scripting
- OOo Base experience
- Good user experience design skills.
- Good communication skills (as in, you have to communicate with me and you have to be able to convey your questions/information clearly.)
- Confidentiality agreement. You can reuse the code, but everything else has to be confidential.
- Quickness - I need this *done* by March 11. Not drafted, not still noodling, done. I'll be showing it to the client the following week and most likely putting it in production, but there may be some follow up edits/changes.

Selection process:
- Contact me with your resume/experience or work sample and any questions I haven't addressed here.
- I'll send you specs.
- You send me an estimate.
- I'll get back to you with questions, and/or acceptance/rejection of your offer.
- You sign confidentiality agreement and I'll send you the drafted db to work on.

Thanks so much!!!

JamnTurtl
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows Vista 64-bit
JamnTurtl

Re: I need a developer!

Post by JamnTurtl »

Okay, I'm kind of surprised I haven't received any messages about this request. Is this an inappropriate place to post it?

Thanks!

JamnTurtl
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

JamnTurtl wrote:Okay, I'm kind of surprised I haven't received any messages about this request. Is this an inappropriate place to post it?
No, this is the place, if any.

One factor that may be putting people off is the situation where they won't communicate directly with an end user. Some more detail may also help. Then again, there is a real chance that there is no developer with the required skills and the time to set aside immediately, and who is a regular in these forums.

See the Consultants directory if you're in a hurry. (Download link in the Services section of the page.)
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
JamnTurtl

Post by JamnTurtl »

Ah... thank you for your feedback!

I'm not the end user, I'm a consultant for the end user and I have 8+ years of programming experience, now too rusty to do the work myself, but I have created detailed and clear specifications. I'm friendly, knowledgeable and responsive! I just don't want to post full specs here in the wild. :-) I have references & a website and stuff so you'd be able to see I'm legit :-)

The project consists of finishing a table with some calculations in it, finishing forms and making buttons work (the scripting part) and a two or three pretty simple reports (and the associated queries of course). If I was on top of my game, I'd estimate it would take me less than five hours to complete. I'm willing to work with people who aren't highly experienced if they're willing to commit to the project.

I finally found the consultants directory last night and contacted several people. I noticed that this particular subforum (Paid Support) isn't very well trafficked. I posted in the (relatively high traffic) OOo Base forum but the post got moved. (I understand why, not complaining, just whining slightly because of the lack of attention this forum gets relative to the the Base forum.)

Thanks!!!

JamnTurtl
wileysam

Post by wileysam »

I maybe can help. Past 15 years as database developer - FoxPro, Access, OpenOffice. MS in Information Management. Retired but volunteering as IT Manager for non-profit. Also, do quick MySQL on domains.
If the project has a set goal and a set price, give me some more info.
Thanks.
OpenOffice 3.3.0
Windows Vista Home Premium