Need macros but I don't understand Basic

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
mccoolcg

Need macros but I don't understand Basic

Post by mccoolcg »

I am a high school debate coach and I am hoping to find information or help or even someone willing to give me a quote on a few macros that need to be rewritten to work for Open Office.

Two years ago, Whitman College became the first college team to switch to a paperless format, and, in its inaugural year, put a team into the top 16 in the nation. Since then, virtually every college and every high school team that can afford it has switched to the paperless format.

I am starting a new team at a high school where 40% of the students are either on lunch vouchers or subsidized lunches and have been able to secure a few old laptops (Windows XP Pro), to start with. The major issue is that for what these laptops are needed to do, the license for MS Office would cost more than the machinery.

As I said, I'm looking for any help towards getting these macros done. The MS Visual Basic versions can be found at the bottom of the following: http://www.whitman.edu/rhetoric/tech/pa ... manual.pdf

More information on paperless debating at: http://paperlessdebate.wikispaces.com/

thanks for your time!
Open Office 3.2 on Windows XP/ NeoOffice 3.1.1 and Open Office 3.2 on Mac OS 10.6
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: need macros but I don't understand Basic

Post by Villeroy »

This is hardly a beginner question nor something which can be rewritten on a lazy afternoon. Without any data it's impossible anyway.
Therefore I moved this topic from the beginner forum to the forum for paid support leaving a link in the former one.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
mccoolcg

Re: need macros but I don't understand Basic

Post by mccoolcg »

Thank you. I was unsure about where to put this thread, as I am a beginner but realized that this was something that needed specific knowledge.

edit: If it helps, I can post the Visual Basic code for the Macros I need for Open Office
Open Office 3.2 on Windows XP/ NeoOffice 3.1.1 and Open Office 3.2 on Mac OS 10.6