OpenOffice Base. Help with Small Base Program

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
BBTB

OpenOffice Base. Help with Small Base Program

Post by BBTB »

I am attempting to build a small Open Office Base program to emulate a paper card filing system I use to trak work on various small projects. I have built the starting tables and relations. 3 tables two relations between primary keys. I have started the forms required. Descriptions added to the fields to add final programming. I need macros to perform some of the tasks.
eg when the new card form is opened a DateTime stamp should be automatically entered in the "DateStarted". This field should not be user modifiable.
When starting to enter the customer possible existing customers should come up in a list as the name is entered. Simpler alternative could be an option for now.
When modifying an existing card new job notes are entered in a subform with job (primary key) linked to one card.

Imagin a 4 x 9 card. That you could be using to organise notes for a paper. You write on it, Possibly come back and make more notes. May decide to discard a card.
For my system when a job is finished the card would be tagged Job Closed to keep it out of current work reports.
I can provide the base file (ODS)
Personally, I don't think it should take more than a few hours to get this up and running for a programmer competent with Open Office base. I simply am not and don't currently have the time. I intend to modify it as I go to improve functionality.

I believe a small dbase in OO would be very useful in many aspects. It would make a nice jumping off point for others. Could be a simple contact management database. I am thinking I might use it a few other places with simple field modifications.

Any Takers
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
oou

Re: OpenOffice Base. Help with Small Base Program

Post by oou »

Hello, can you please send me a private message ? I can't send any now.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Devuan Beowulf