I need a Base app to track customer orders

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
bsmyla

I need a Base app to track customer orders

Post by bsmyla »

I have a need for an app to input and track customer orders to be delivered at a future date. Is there anything like this that's already been developed, or is this something that would need to be built from scratch? If it helps, this will be for a bakery. Many of our items require a 2-3 day lead time to produce, and will also require advance ordering of ingredients. I need something that will allow me to input the orders with a deliver by date, then be able to look ahead to determine what we need to order and when, and also when to begin production of the items to have them ready by the delivery date.

Seems simple, but I can't find anything 'off the shelf' that has this sort of functionality. Everything seems to be geared towards same day order delivery.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10 Home
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: I need a Base app to track customer orders

Post by Villeroy »

This will take weeks of development and testing. It requires an inventory, receipes, schedules, supply sources, orders, supplies going into the inventory and possibly employees, run times of machines and a lot more. I did not even mention costs of work time and ingredients. Finally you need a user interface for all these structures and this could be the point where Base falls short unless you write sophisticated macro code and troubleshooting goes on and on.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
bsmyla

Post by bsmyla »

Yeah, I just need something simple to begin with. Customer info, what items they've ordered, and the date and time they're coming to pick up their order. A report to print for the order pickers, and a field to indicate where the picked order is waiting for them in the store.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10 Home
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

bsmyla wrote:Everything seems to be geared towards same day order delivery.
I am sure that diligent searching will find something. For example Googling with database scheduling customer orders bakery immediately found Flex Catering which seems to do exactly what you want. Xperts Bakery looks good too and there are also BakeSmart, CakeBoss, FlexiBake and Cybake.
Flex Catering
Flex Catering
Have you tried your country's Bakers Industry Associations as they may be able to offer you advice. There are several UK Bakers Industry Associations In the UK.

Also, you don't need something specific to a bakery as other industries have the same problem of assembling "components" with different lead times to make a product for delivery on a given date. Look at MRP systems. You don't need MRP II which manages labour and machines etc in a factory.
MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and MRP II (Manufacturing Resource Planning) are systems that control production and inventory. This means they are usually only utilized by the purchasing, production, and delivery departments.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.