Convert "production factory program" to Base

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
roy wood

Convert "production factory program" to Base

Post by roy wood »

we are a small manufacturing cardboad box company.[ We have written a production factory program in calc. as the company has grown so has the size of the data.
we now feel it is necessary to move over to base. our problem is that we dont know how to proceed. we have contacted th e local colleges in the area namely hull and east riding and they are unable to help. maybe someone knows a contact in our area who cam help, we dont expect it to be without graturity.
i can be contacted on xxxx if you have any suggestion or want further details. or email w100dro<at>gmail.com

Regards
Roy Wood
libre office 3.1 windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Contacts

Post by Hagar Delest »

I've moved your post in the paid support section, removed your phone number and modified your mail so that it can't be registered by spam bots.
Perhaps you can detail what you need so that we can guide you.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Typically, with data pertaining contacts (business associates, suppliers, customers) and/or production (stock of raw material as well as finished products, workforce capacity, production lines, etc.) you will require - or at least benefit greatly from - having concurrent access. This requires running a separate database server, most likely one with support for transaction handling. This is not as daunting as it may sound. There may be a ready made web-based solution for you to install on a web server, either at an external "site provider" of some kind or by setting up a PC in-house for this task. Technically, such a database can also be accessed by Base directly, without setting up any web interface. Either way, some programming/tweaking must be expected.

The real challenge is setting up the database structure. Search the web for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). I guess the ultimate beast in these categories is SAP, but that comes at a cost on multiple levels...
If there is no ready made solution available that fits your needs, developing one from scratch may be a large project. As Hagar says, if you provide more detail, we are able to make a more precise assessment.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
roy wood

Post by roy wood »

Thanks guys for your replies. I will attempt to explain in more detail where we are hoping to head for.
Firstly bit about the cardboard box industry. All boxes have a code number which are set out in the international Fibreboard Case Code known as FEFCO. The most

common box code is FEFCO "0201". What we have done is to use cALc to make job sheets to to be used on the machines. As can imagine there are various types of board with different tolerences.
We use 3 basic tables, namely Jobs,Planner and Stockref. When we get a customer order the details are put into Jobs with a given job no,then to planner with the job no.
all details are available to print out, see the job sheet. Although we are a small company you can imagine how the Stockref has grown over the last 4 years.
Considerable time is spent finding stock codes as each customers given a specific stock ref for each box.
I do hope this has made things clearer.

Best regards

Roy Wood
roy wood

Post by roy wood »

I dont think you will have received my job sheet attachment as the file was too big. Can you recommend a suitable file to transfer with
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can use a 3rd party file sharing web site like mediafire.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10