Terminal Services server

Discuss your migration story or project
mschmerber

Terminal Services server

Post by mschmerber »

Is Open Office terminal services aware? That is to say if it is installed on a terminal services server, can multiple people use it simultaneously and not have any adverse affects?
We are on Windows server 2000 (moving to server 2008) want to move away from MS Office and terminal services is a big part of what we need.
If so what needs to be done, if anything, to make it work properly in a terminal server environment?

Thanks,
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Re: Terminal Services server

Post by AndrewZ »

mschmerber wrote:Is Open Office terminal services aware? That is to say if it is installed on a terminal services server, can multiple people use it simultaneously and not have any adverse affects?
We are on Windows server 2000 (moving to server 2008) want to move away from MS Office and terminal services is a big part of what we need.
If so what needs to be done, if anything, to make it work properly in a terminal server environment?,
For years, I ran a Linux terminal server with OpenOffice.org. It worked just fine, and Linux is able to share some memory between processes for greater efficiency (not sure about Windows). I don't see why it would not work on Windows as long as one user account (say, "bob") is not using OpenOffice.org on multiple sessions simultaneously. As long as each session with OpenOffice.org has its own user account, I expect you will be OK.

I've seen this question many times on the forums, but there has not been much answered. That is good in the sense there are not complaints.

If you want to do more research, search the forum or the issue tracker at http://qa.openoffice.org
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP