Strategy for Private Educational WEB 2.0 install

Discuss your migration story or project
joefrosty

Strategy for Private Educational WEB 2.0 install

Post by joefrosty »

My apologies for cross posting, but we're pretty desperate for a solution:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 21#p137413

I built a private WEB 2.0 educational technology website for my school. We keep all our data private due to student age issues. This privacy prevents us from using google, but we need something in the cloud that allows students to log on to our site, launch an office app and save it to the site.

We currently use ZOHO writer, show, & sheet. Through this remote API we launch their app from their server, but save all data to our site. students can then open & edit online, download, or share the document for school purposes to save paper.

But ZOHO is going the way of Google and wanting all data to be saved to their servers which we can't do for security & privacy of young students.

Long story - sry - but how can we load OO to our webserver so that our users can access & implement these apps 100% online?

Thanks in advance.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
acknak

Re: Strategy for Private Educational WEB 2.0 install

Post by acknak »

Please don't post the same question more than once: it won't get you a reply any faster. It just causes confusion as different people add to each discussion.

I'm locking this thread; if you have something to add, click the link to the other thread and post your reply there.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23