[Solved] Posts moderation

Let us know how we are doing -
markwrites

[Solved] Posts moderation

Post by markwrites »

if each post has to be moderated before a question is visible i will not be using OO . too busy. no time for that

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OO 4.1.15 on Windows 7 64 bit
robleyd

Re: posts

Post by robleyd »

We moderate initial posts to prevent spamming. Normally, unless there are several posts before a moderator is available to approve the posts, only a first post is moderated.

Mods work on a volunteer basis, and may not be able to approve posts as quickly as your first posts - 10 minutes in your case. And of course, as all assistance on this site is provided by volunteers - who are users like yourself - any answer to your questions may take some time, depending on whether anyone is available and able to answer the question.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

The policy to moderate initial posts was implemented when we started getting thousands of spam posts per day a few years ago. Before then we had gotten a few per day and the moderators just cleaned them up after they appeared. The flood of spam made the forum unusable. Moderating just the initial post dramatically reduced the attempts to spam the forum.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

While I'm not a moderator, I feel I've been here long enough to state that initial posts are moderated, as already specified by two moderators (robleyd and FJCC respectively), but you should be aware that any posts made after the first one made be moderated after posting.
Just because your first post gets through doesn't mean that one or more volunteers and/or moderators won't report a post that violates one or more of the terms of usage.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.