[Solved] Why can't I post on this forum?

Let us know how we are doing -
Ahu Lee

[Solved] Why can't I post on this forum?

Post by Ahu Lee »

I posted twice a similar question I have with regard to the OpenOffice program on this forum, but none of my questions have been actually posted(approved or whatever). If I violated some rules of this forum by posting those questions why haven't I been told about this? What is going on here?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7 SP1 x86
FJCC

Re: Why can't I post on this forum?

Post by FJCC »

Initial posts are moderated and we only have a few moderators. It may be that some are on vacation or otherwise unable to support the forum right now. Approval usually happens much faster than it did for you.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Ahu Lee

Re: Why can't I post on this forum?

Post by Ahu Lee »

FJCC wrote:Initial posts are moderated and we only have a few moderators. It may be that some are on vacation or otherwise unable to support the forum right now. Approval usually happens much faster than it did for you.
FJCC, I appreciate your reply. And if it was you who finally made this approval I would like to thank you for that. Cheers.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7 SP1 x86
eaferguson

Re: [Solved] Why can't I post on this forum?

Post by eaferguson »

How do I post? I haven't found a way
Open Office4.1.3 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

As said in a previous post in this discussion,your first post is moderated. Now that it has been approved, you can post.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Re a mail to the admin mailbox:
To post, you have to click the NEWTOPIC* button top left or bottom left of a section in the forum.

See also the Survival Guide for the forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
tdidymas

Why can't I post a new topic on this forum?

Post by tdidymas »

After researching how to use this forum, it appears to me that I cannot start a topic. How long must I wait after registering before I can start a new topic?

I am trying to get an answer to an issue, but so far after hours of research I cannot find the subject matter posted anywhere, so I'm sure I will need to start a topic on it.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 8.1 Pro
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You should be able to do so now. Enter the appropriate forum and click on the "New Topic" button, which will be on left under the heavy blue outlined box of items relevant to that subforum.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
tdidymas

Post by tdidymas »

RoryOF wrote:You should be able to do so now. Enter the appropriate forum and click on the "New Topic" button, which will be on left under the heavy blue outlined box of items relevant to that subforum.
Tks, I see it now.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 8.1 Pro