[Solved] Seeing my password?

Let us know how we are doing -
justdfy

[Solved] Seeing my password?

Post by justdfy »

I want to see what my password is for this site.
Can I do that?
Last edited by justdfy on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on (2006 model) Toshiba L300, using a later (2013?) L300's HDD w Windows7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: seeing my password?

Post by Zizi64 »

I want to see what my password is for this site.
Can I do that?
You can write in this forum. It means: You KNOW your password, you REMEMBER your password. Why you want to see it in the User Control Panel?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: Seeing my password?

Post by Hagar Delest »

If your password is automatically filled in by your browser, then check the settings of your browser, it should allow you to see the stored passwords.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Not even the moderators and site admin can see your password.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
justdfy

Post by justdfy »

duh? thanks guys.
1st, I'm trying move to another brand of browser. Safari has the autofill, but aren't that hot on any of this stuff, so
2nd, thanks Hagar, I have looked but it seems I missed the right link on safari's browser settings. will go there asap.
3rd, Yeah robleyd, that's a given.
me? too many concussions over my 60+ years, from motorbikes, to cops to CIA MK-ultra filth.
Hence, fyi, 22 years + in homeless exile, thus criminal lack of skills in these fields.
TMI, sorry. Will do the SOLVED thing if and when.

Cheers.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on (2006 model) Toshiba L300, using a later (2013?) L300's HDD w Windows7
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Not all browsers allow an easy way into the password realm. If you can't, then go into the control panel and change your password. With any luck, the "old password" field will also be filled automatically.

Failing that, you may try the "I forgot my password" link on the login page.

Otherwise, an administrator should be able to help you. While they can't see your current password, they are able to set a new one for you (which you should then change when you log in). If your attempts at changing a password locks you out of your account (accidents do happen), you may need to register again with a temporary account to contact the admins.