[Solved] Recovering old username

Let us know how we are doing -
DTemp

[Solved] Recovering old username

Post by DTemp »

Hello,

It's been a long time since I used the forums here and I've forgotten the username I invented back in the day. I would like to recover my old one but I can't find any way of doing so. Luckily I have access to another email address so I've created a new account, but it was only to post this message. It's pretty standard practice now to be able to recover your username... could you please alter your login page to allow for this? Most appreciated. And in the meantime, is there some way I can recover my old username? Thanks
Last edited by DTemp on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Mac OS 10.11.6
acknak

Re: Recovering old username

Post by acknak »

You can do a member search: click "members" then "find a member". You can search by username (with widlcard: *) or email address.

If you don't find your old account, it could be that you were registered on the older (and entirely separate) forum at oooforum.org.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
DTemp

Re: [Solved] Recovering old username

Post by DTemp »

Thanks acknak, worked! Perhaps you have special privileges? I didn't find a place to search by email address, but I did make a few guesses in the username field and eventually found my old handle.

For what it's worth, this is a pretty arcane process at the moment and I'd love it if some future release there could be a link right next to "forgot password" that says "forgot username" where you could enter your (registered) email address and have your username sent there.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

@acknak: I think "find user by email" may be an option available to Admins. I tried finding a User and even as a Moderator I could not find a "find by email" option.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

Oops; that would make sense. The forum does try to keep emails private.

OP: If you can't find your old username using the search, send an email to aoo.forum.en AT gmail DOT com and provide whatever details you have, including the email address that you had registered previously, and someone can look it up for you.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
DTemp

Post by DTemp »

@acknak All fine now, thanks!
JohnSmith75

Post by JohnSmith75 »

In other situation is 's also an option to search "registration feedback" in your mail inbox.
OpenOffice 2.4 with Linux Mint