How do I get a bug marked "not a problem" reconsidered?

Let us know how we are doing -
campg2003

How do I get a bug marked "not a problem" reconsidered?

Post by campg2003 »

Hi,

I recently submitted Issue 127311. It describes the issue that when you are tabbing through the Data tab of the Form Properties dialog in Base, when tabbing through the dialog using the keyboard you get to a point where you can no longer navigate the dialog with the TAB key. The issue was closed and marked "not a problem" and the comment said to use the forum for things like this in the future. I assume that my issue was not understood by the reviewer.

First, am I missing something? If this is in fact not a problem, how do I work with this dialog short of resorting to the mouse or making sure I set this control last? Otherwise, how do I get this issue reconsidered? (I left a comment. Should I reopen it?)

(I looked through the Submitting a Bug guidelines and Bugzilla help for help with this but didn't find anything.)

I'm sure that this was a misunderstanding, and I appreciate the hard work of volunteers that make AOO possible, but it is a problem if you are using a keyboard. (I'm blind, so resorting to a mouse, or the screen reader equivalent, is at best a kludge.)

Thanks.

Gary
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: How do I get a bug marked "not a problem" reconsidered?

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi,

I've reopened it.
Rather strange that your comment had not received any reply.
Wait and see.
 Edit: Your bug has just been confirmed! Your perseverance did pay. 
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: How do I get a bug marked "not a problem" reconsidered?

Post by John_Ha »

Excellent bug report - no wasted words, precise description!
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.