Difficulty uploading an attachment

Let us know how we are doing -
Huodiwen

Difficulty uploading an attachment

Post by Huodiwen »

When I click on Upload an attachment, the cursor remains an "I bar" and does not become a pointer. And when I click on it, I can go to my file, but it doesn't appear in the file to upload box.
I am using native .odt files, by the way.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!
Open Office 4.1.0 on Windows 8.1
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Difficulty uploading an attachment

Post by John_Ha »

Try disabling the add-ons in your browser, or using a different browser, or rebooting your PC.

When I click the Upload Attachment tab, the cursor changes to a vertical bar as soon as the "hand" cursor moves off the tab. I click Browse and a navigation window opens. I select a file and click Open. This chooses the file and I then need to click Add the file. Only some file types (.odt, .jpg, .png, .zip etc) can be uploaded and the maximum size is 128 kB.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Huodiwen

Re: Difficulty uploading an attachment in MS Edge

Post by Huodiwen »

I'm using Microsoft Edge and Windows 10. Why doesn't it work well with this popular browser?

I couldn't find how to disable add-ons. Is it relatively simple?

I was able to upload the file to the forum using Google Chrome, but it is a little more difficult in living in China.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I'm using Microsoft Edge and Windows 10. Why doesn't it work well with this popular browser?
Is the Edge a popular browser??? :lol:

The upload function works for me fine with my Firefox browser since I registered here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Huodiwen

Post by Huodiwen »

Ok, I take that back; according to Wikipedia, as of Sept 2016 MS Edge only has 3.3% of the market https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft ... rket_share

Google Chrome has 62%, and Firefox 15%!
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

To disable an add-on, select /Tools /Extension Manager. Then click on the (installed) target add-on and you will usually be offered "Disable" and "Remove" buttons. Click on the Disable button. Re-enabling the add-on is a similar process.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Huodiwen wrote:Ok, I take that back; according to Wikipedia, as of Sept 2016 MS Edge only has 3.3% of the market https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft ... rket_share
Also, that market share is probably "accidental" from the users' perspective: Every new user on Windows 10 will get Edge as their default browser.
When you download and open your favorite browser, it is not sufficient to check "set <whateverbrowserisyourfavorite> as default browser" in a startup dialog any more. You have to do it in Windows defaults settings.
IOW, the threshold for making your choice sticky has become slightly higher...
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
Huodiwen

Post by Huodiwen »

How do I change the operating system and Open Office version information and the bottom of each post?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Click on "User Control Panel" towards top left of Forum window. Then on Profile Tab, and Edit Signature from the menu.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS