How do I delete my account if I no longer need it?

Let us know how we are doing -
TerryE
Volunteer

How do I delete my account if I no longer need it?

Post by TerryE »

We do not have an explicit account delete function within the current phpBB version. However, you can use our policy that any unactivated accounts are deleted after 7 days to achieve this functionality. As a safety check, in the case of previously activated accounts that have been inactivated as a result of an email address change, it will only be deleted if the account's email address includes the word "delete".

So to delete your account, select the "User Control Panel" link at the top left hand of the screen. From this, select the Profile tab->Edit account settings then change you email address to a valid domain, but invalid mailbox that includes the word "delete, for example "delete_my_account@example.com". This email address will be sent an activation request which clearly will not be actioned and will be automatically deleted after the 7 day period.

Note that we leave your posts in place, to preserve the integrity of any posts to which you may have contributed. If you wish to delete these posts you may do so, but you have to do this manually post-by-post before you delete your account. If you decide to do this, we would ask that if the post is material to a topic, that instead of deleting your it, you edit it to remove the content that we wish to remove from the forum.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Updated to emphasise the inclusion of "delete" in the email address to be picked up by the batch process.
Ahu Lee

Re: How do I delete my account if I no longer need it?

Post by Ahu Lee »

But there in NO option to change my email either!
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7 SP1 x86
mikpalos

Post by mikpalos »

Right ! I cannot edit my email to change it into delete_my_account@example.com !
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on ms windows 8.1
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Don't you see that in the Profile tab, Edit account settings section?
Profile.png
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

I note this question was posted only 30 minutes after the member joined the forum. :?:
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers