Getting logged out frequently from the board.

Let us know how we are doing -
Anuj Dhawan

Getting logged out frequently from the board.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi,

I'm trying to quote somehitng from a post in an effort to reply in a thread but I'm continuously gettting logged off from the board. And directed to the log in page. Why does this happen, please guide.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7

A Help & Support Forum for and by Mainframe Users : http://www.zMainframes.com/ - Join us!
acknak

Re: Getting logged out frequently from the board.

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry you're having problems but I don't think it's a problem on the forum side.

Maybe try clearing your browser cache and restart the browser, or just reboot the computer.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I can stay logged on for four/five weeks.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

I'm always logged off automatically after about an hour of inactivity.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I found that I was having a similar problem when trying to copy & paste from one post to another while using only one window.
The solution for me was to simply open a second browser window for one of the two locations I was trying to work with.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

RoryOF wrote:I can stay logged on for four/five weeks.
+1.
I remember being logged out only when I click the logout button...
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

I never log out, but I have to log in at least once daily. I found an old post on the phpBB forum which indicates that the default session timeout is 7200 seconds.

User timeout too short
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

acknak wrote:Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry you're having problems but I don't think it's a problem on the forum side.
Thanks for the welcome acknak.

I'm accessing this website from my office and they have some firwall active which might casue this. I'll check it from my home latop.

Maybe try clearing your browser cache and restart the browser, or just reboot the computer.
I doubt this can be the case as my office laptop is just formatted and everything is just "first time" on it. I've cleared teh cashe again though, will keep you posted if it solves the problem.

A Help & Support Forum for and by Mainframe Users : http://www.zMainframes.com/ - Join us!
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

RusselB wrote:I found that I was having a similar problem when trying to copy & paste from one post to another while using only one window.
The solution for me was to simply open a second browser window for one of the two locations I was trying to work with.
I'll keep this in mind for coming posts.

I was just wonderning that it's nothingto do with the cookie setting of the board...so I asked.
Last edited by Anuj Dhawan on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The infrequent logouts I experience seem to occur at about the time my ISP renews or reallocates an IP number to my connection. They are not logouts in the sense that my connection is dropped, but when I connect (usually once per day), every few weeks I have to logon again - i.e. to enter name, password, options. It is so infrequent it is not a problem, particularly as the info is remembered by my browser.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Even when I don't log in for days, I don't have to reenter my login. Even when my IP changes (I've recently changed my ISP and even if it's not the same machine like home/office).
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hagar Delest wrote:Even when I don't log in for days, I don't have to reenter my login. Even when my IP changes (I've recently changed my ISP and even if it's not the same machine like home/office).
I think that can be possible if you instruct the browser to remember your password. My office laptop was formatted and I've been given chrome 37.0. Possibly all this can create sucha situation at my end.

OTOH, I'd believe that as most of you don't seem to have much 'problem as such'... I'll walk slowly and see when I rule out everything which I can think of might cause this, I'll come back to report it here. Though until today I do face this log-out problem.

Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Ah, good point, perhaps I don't even see the registration phase when the password is stored.
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hagar Delest wrote:Ah, good point, perhaps I don't even see the registration phase when the password is stored.
2015-2007=8 Years! So if you don't recall that, it should be fine ,no?! :D

Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Hagar Delest wrote:Ah, good point, perhaps I don't even see the registration phase when the password is stored.
There is a "Log me on automatically each visit" box on the Login page. Perhaps you have this box checked. I've never checked that box and always have to login manually if I've been inactive for an hour.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I use that and get typically four or five weeks before I have to logon again.
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

At home PC with Windows 7 Home Basic Service Pack 1 and Chrome 46.0.2490.86 - I do not get logged off and am logged-in for about an hour without any problem now. I'll assume that 'getting logged out' was due to the firewall and/or the old Chrome, on office PC.

Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Bill is right, I've that option activated (for years indeed).
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Chrome is terrible at remembering passwords, or perhaps it remembers them, but doesn't use that knowledge and forces you to enter them every time, that's at least what happens to me. In Firefox, I have the same experience as Rory and Hagar. *Bliss*
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum