[Solved] Procedure for "SOLVED" problems

Let us know how we are doing -
hargrove

[Solved] Procedure for "SOLVED" problems

Post by hargrove »

Thanks. I apparently missed this at the bottom of the earlier posts ;)

<b><i>If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.</i></b>

I submitted a question about OODraw and got a great response right away. I tried to follow the instructions (Putting SOLVED in the subject line and selecting the green check ICON. They appear on that post, but in the basic forum, there was nothing indicating that the problem was solved. This may be deliberate, since in any given discussion others may have problems with the same symptoms that the solution I got may not solve.

Am a newbie. Really impressed with OODraw, and with the forum. Just asking for info so I can interact constructively.

Thanks,

Jim
Last edited by hargrove on Sat May 02, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows8
RusselB

Re: Procedure for "SOLVED" problems

Post by RusselB »

Putting the [Solved] tag into the subject line allows others to use the Search for topics that match their query and have been Solved.
In this way a person might be able to eliminate topics that match but where no resolution has been reached.
When I look at the listing of posts, for those with the green check mark, I see that check mark in the listing.

Here's an example of what I see when looking at the list of active topics
Capture.PNG
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.