The ultimate MS joke

Let us know how we are doing -
floris v
Volunteer

The ultimate MS joke

Post by floris v »

Right, I wanted to know how Internet Explorer would handle downloaded extensions and decided to do it easy, by going through the forum. Guess what happens? IE returns a warning that https://forum.openoffice.org can't be displayed.
IEcantdisplay.jpg
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Re: The ultimate MS joke

Post by B Marcelly »

The problem is in the web site forum.openoffice.org using https.

Firefox also issues warnings :
Main page of this forum
Main page of this forum
Translation :
Firefox blocks contents in this page. Contents not secure. Some uncrypted elements on this web site have been blocked.

And the exclamation warning just at left of the address displays the hint : this site provides no information about its identity.
Bernard

OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 / Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.0.5
MS-Windows 7 Home SP1
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

As far as I can determine there appears to be in issue with redirection to Surceforge. Both produced the same error for me. I can't get to Sourceforge at all.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

OK, so my bad :[
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

The problem has been corrected. Sourceforge is working again with Firefox 36.0 and IE11.
Tom K.
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

IE still can't display this page, but FF can, of course.
Nederlandstalig forum
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

IE works for me. I don't use it much so I can't offer help. I suspect its a setting or add-on causing the problem
Tom K.
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Possibly. I only used it to find why a downloaded template appeared as a bundle of files to a new user. On my system the extensions ott and ots are linked to Libre, but IE insisted on treating a file with an ots extension as a zip archive. That's another joke.
Nederlandstalig forum
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

That's is standard for IE. It recognizes ODF files as zip archives. You have to rename the file either before or after downloading.
Tom K.
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2