Email advice of new posts - switch off

Let us know how we are doing -
DOSman

Email advice of new posts - switch off

Post by DOSman »

At present I am receiving emails advising that there is a new post in followed threads. Is there any way of switching this off? TIA.
Windows 10 Pro Apache OO 4.1.7 Libre Office 7.4.3.2
RusselB

Re: Email advice of new posts - switch off

Post by RusselB »

User Control Panel -> Overview -> Manage Subscriptions.

This appears to be a topic by topic setting rather than a general setting for the board, so you'll have to adjust the settings each time.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
acknak

Post by acknak »

RusselB wrote:User Control Panel -> Overview -> Manage Subscriptions.

This appears to be a topic by topic setting rather than a general setting for the board, so you'll have to adjust the settings each time.
See (control panel) > Board preferences > Edit posting defaults > Notify me upon replies by default: NO
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Thanks.. Missed that. Guess the OP (and anyone else that might be looking) has a couple of options.
Personally I like the option for the individual, that way the user can be notified of updates to a topic that they may be watching for a solution, then they can stop getting the e-mail notifications after the topic is resolved.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
DOSman

Post by DOSman »

acknak wrote:See (control panel) > Board preferences > Edit posting defaults > Notify me upon replies by default: NO
Thanks. Before starting this thread I had gone into Control panel > Board preferences > Edit posting defaults. My screen shows only provision for opting out of PMs, not a global opt out of email advice as I was seeking in the OP.

Russell B's advice to look at User Control Panel -> Overview -> Manage Subscriptions is good, and I like the flexibility. However, a global opt in/out with the ability to select individual threads would be nice.
Windows 10 Pro Apache OO 4.1.7 Libre Office 7.4.3.2
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I think that being Globally on and then opting out of the ones you don't want is, at present, your best choice.
Realistically it's just the reverse of what you were actually looking for.
acknak

Post by acknak »

DOSman wrote:... My screen shows only provision for opting out of PMs, not a global opt out of email advice as I was seeking in the OP. ...
It may be that the option is only available to users with certain roles, moderator or admin, for example.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23