Forum timestamp still stuck in DST mode

Let us know how we are doing -
Alduin's Khajiit

Forum timestamp still stuck in DST mode

Post by Alduin's Khajiit »

Daylight Savings time ended a long time ago but it still says DST by "all times are" in the lower right corner. and times are an hour off from the "UTC - 5" that it says all times are. please fix
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7, OpenOffice 2.4.3 on Windows 98
FJCC

Re: Forum timestamp still stuck in DST mode

Post by FJCC »

This is a setting you control. Click on User Control panel near the top of any screen and then select the Board Preferences tab. There is a radio button on that screen that turns off DST.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
GrampaWW

Post by GrampaWW »

Yes, I realize I can change the setting. In fact, that's exactly what I have done. But this seems a bit silly. Shouldn't the web site be able to figure out what date it is & realize DST is no longer in effect, and then make the setting take the correct value? I thought the setting was meant to indicate whether DST is used in my timezone, not whether DST is currently in effect here. I can see where it would be helpful to tell the web site no, in my time zone the authorities have taken the enlightened decision to not force us to uselessly spring forward & fall back. Unfortunately, I don't live in such a place. So DST stupidly switches back & forth here twice a year. But I should not have to go into my own profile & click a setting back & forth twice a year as well. That sort of thing is what computers were made for. Honestly, the site really needs to get with it.
OpenOffice version 4.1.5 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Seems to be automatic on more recent versions of phpBB but we need to upgrade for that. Some manpower needed...
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10