[Solved] How do I delete my ignorant post?

Let us know how we are doing -
sherbert

[Solved] How do I delete my ignorant post?

Post by sherbert »

I have made some posts which, after studying the issues and replies more carefully, are not going to be of any use to anyone. I would like to avoid wasting readers' time by deleting one or two of them.
I have managed to edit one leaving just [deleted] in the post and one I was able to delete altogether. Is there anything to be done about the others, please?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
LIbre Office 3.5.7.2 on Linux Mint 13
"If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life", Albert Camus
RusselB

Re: How do I delete my ignorant post?

Post by RusselB »

Generally speaking, even a badly/poorly worded post can be of use to someone else, even if it's simply the fact that a search will return at least one result.
We have no way of knowing how a person may search, so one or more of your posts might hit with a search that someone else does, even if nothing else does, due to the wording of their search.
Another option, if you're really sure you want to see if they can be deleted, is to click the triangle in the top right hand corner (beside the "Quote" button) of the relevant post, select the 2nd item for the reason, and request a moderator to delete the post.
I don't, honestly, think that the post will be deleted, simply because you request it, but a moderator may agree with you that the post should be deleted.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
acknak

Re: How do I delete my ignorant post?

Post by acknak »

I agree with RussellB.

As the author, you're allowed to delete your posts and no one can stop you, but we definitely discourage it.

When I mess something up, I go back and edit the post to strike out the wrong part: strike through and maybe add a note to clarify or correct what I wrote. The "strike" tags are available in the full editor page--"POST REPLY"--but not the quick reply.

That way someone else can follow the discussion if they care to.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23