Mail address for contacting moderators

Let us know how we are doing -
Hagar Delest

Mail address for contacting moderators

Post by Hagar Delest »

Since we still don't have any mail address in the AOO domain, I've created a mail address to contact the forum admins and moderators: aoo.forum.en<at>gmail.com.
I've added the information in the topic: What do I do if I can't successfully register on the Forum?

I've sent the login information to all admins and moderators.

I'll send a message to the dev mailing list about that and again requesting the activation of the process we had with the automated mailbox.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Re: Mail address for contacting moderators

Post by acknak »

Excellent!

Merci, M. De L'Est!
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Welcome!

We have some time to set the rules but as a basis (just few thoughts quickly):
- IMAP should be used (instead of POP3) if a local client is used (as I do) so that the content is the same for everyone. NB: I've tried and it works. I've set the user interface language to English if you want to use it online.
- We may use the old topics for forum administration if we think that a specific activity has to be recorded here (Site - Forum Administration
- For the record if you want to use the replies set by Terry: Handling the admin mailbox (of course we have to check manually)
acknak

Post by acknak »

Ok, I seem to have IMAP access working; it was very easy to set up with Tbird, at least. Nice that I don't have to go through Google to get it!

How shall we know if anyone has responded to a request? Will the mail client track threads for us? I've never tried to use a single mailbox with a group like this.
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Configured in Tbird, was a breeze, IMAP was selected by default. :bravo: Can we have a test message to see that it works for all of us? And please, the password is quite lame, we should get something that's harder to crack. :knock:
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

No problem to change the password, you can change it and send it by PM.

I've tried with test messages (they are still in the trash) so it works.

For replied messages: we could create a "Replied" folder where would be moved the message that have been answered (knowing that the reply is in the "Sent mail" folder).
We can change it as we want, with IMAP, the structure will be updated at next login.
acknak

Post by acknak »

Hagar Delest wrote:... For replied messages: we could create a "Replied" folder where would be moved the message that have been answered (knowing that the reply is in the "Sent mail" folder). ...
Yes, I think that may be the best approach. If we first move an incoming message to "Replied" then start the actual reply to it, I think we should avoid overlapping replies. If I see a message in the inbox that subsequently gets moved by someone else, I should get an error if also try to move it--right?
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I guess so but not 100% sure. It may depend on how the synchronization work.

I've created the new folder but got a security check from Gmail, I hope that it doesn't come from multiple access (if someone was trying also)...
acknak

Post by acknak »

Hagar Delest wrote:... I've created the new folder but got a security check from Gmail, I hope that it doesn't come from multiple access (if someone was trying also)...
I didn't see any sub-folder, so I made one--seems to work.

Maybe the IMAP server locked the state while someone else was accessing the account. Hopefully that's a temporary situation and the TBird client(s) are not tying up the account constantly.

I sent a "problem" message. Maybe someone can try to read/move/reply so we test a complete round-trip.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Done.
Due to several attempts to access the account it was locked until I unlocked it (needs a SMS confirmation code).
Should be fine now.
acknak

Post by acknak »

Seems ok for me now.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

For the record, the first question arrived this morning.
I've restarted the topics in the admin section to monitor the activity of the mailbox (Site - Forum Administration).