[Solved] What's with the signature check at registration ?

Let us know how we are doing -
ginobean

[Solved] What's with the signature check at registration ?

Post by ginobean »

I tried about half a dozen times to register on this site and it kept on rejecting my signature, which was: OpenOffice 4.0.0 with MacOS 10.7.5

Finally, I ended up specifying one of the example signatures (the one with Windows Vista), just so I could get past registration, and then fixed my signature after I was able to finally register.

The problem is that your site is too stringent regarding the signature or parsing it in too strict a manner. Here's a suggestion: just set up 2-3 dropdown lists. One for the Open Office version number, one for the Mac/Windows/Linux. and maybe a freeform field for the O/S version numb er.

I think most users would have given up after 2-3 tries, so I think you may be losing potential registered users right off the bat.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.0.0 with MacOS 10.7.5
RoryOF

Re: what's with the signature check at registration time ?

Post by RoryOF »

Because of other committments for our phpBB adminstrator the signature check has not been updated for AOO 4.0. We are hopeful that this will happen this coming weekend, when the Forum wll be offline for upgrades from Friday evening until Sunday evening; but the essential code changes for version and OS upgrades are first priority as they reflect in greater stability and response of the Forum.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS