[Solved] How do we create a language-specific forum?

Let us know how we are doing -
Clytie
Volunteer

[Solved] How do we create a language-specific forum?

Post by Clytie »

Hi everyone :)

A few months back, I was testing the Vietnamese interface to this phpBB forum, in preparation for opening a Vietnamese-language user sub-forum here.

Unfortunately, I became too sick, for some months, to continue, and meanwhile, I have forgotten with whom I was setting all this up. We had a test forum with the translated interfaces.

Now I'm back in action, and my team is testing our full interface and help translation of OpenOffice.org 3.0, we're very keen to get a forum opened, since we have a lot to talk about.

We would very much like to keep the main structure of this forum in our subforum. Our members have requested:
  • Board Index
    *International
    **Tiếng Việt
    + Cài đặt và Thiết lập
    + Việt hoá
    + Writer
    + Calc
    + Impress
    + Draw
    + Math
    + Base
    + Phần mở rộng
The top-level item says "Vietnamese", the next two "Install and Setup" and "Localization", and the lowest level is "Extensions". We have already had a lot of enquiries on the mailing lists, so we would really like to direct them to this forum, and start publicizing it as a language-friendly forum for OpenOffice.org users.

Virtually all of our users will be new users, since this release is our first with a complete UI and Help translation. So we hope to use this forum to support our users.

Thankyou for your help with this. :)
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Hagar Delest

Re: How do we create a language-specific forum?

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi, if DrewJensen or TerryE don't reply, feel free to PM them.

I move your thread to the Site feedback forum, OOPM is not for that kind of question.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

The OP also put a message on the NL mailing list at OO.o, hit my inbox this morning and I will follow up there with him and then get back to everyone here. Remember that at the moment the OP doesn't have access to this board and can't see ( at least I don't think so ) the actual responses.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hmm, I'm quite sure I'd moved the thread in the Site feedback and not in the Forum issues. So I move it to the site feedback forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

hmm...I started to put it here and thought I had moved it to site feedback...LOL...maybe I am the one that sent it here...
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04