[Solved] Curious question - moderator approval

Let us know how we are doing -

[Solved] Curious question - moderator approval

Postby Alduin's Khajiit » Fri May 31, 2013 4:59 am

I am just curious and I hope this is the right place to ask. Why did I need moderator approval when I asked my first question but I just posted another seconds ago and it didn't require it :?:
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7, OpenOffice 2.4.3 on Windows 98
Alduin's Khajiit

Re: curious question - moderator approval

Postby thomasjk » Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 am

The first post of every user is reviewed by a moderator to make sure that it is legitimate. Some time ago there was a series high volume spam posts and ever since all new users are moderated for the first post.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: curious question - moderator approval

Postby RoryOF » Fri May 31, 2013 5:28 am

Also, in extension of thomasjk's reply, it can sometimes take several hours for a first post to be approved, depending on time of posting and availability of Moderators. Moderating and other forum activities are all carried out by people in their own time on a pro bono basis (i.e., as a free service to the community).

There still is a level of spam; the monitoring of first posts (and other monitoring activities I won't specify) help keep this forum relatively spam-free.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.3 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Return to Site Feedback