[Solved] How do I contact another member

Let us know how we are doing -
djpython

[Solved] How do I contact another member

Post by djpython »

And I apologize for some of the exasperation I expressed as I dont, apparently, read Open Office Forum yet and missed all but two responses.] I am a newbie but was encouraged when I saw that another member had exactly the same situation as I do- wanting to put a numerical date stamp in a cell by means of a macro. (I want, in addition, to have this assigned to a keyboard shortcut. )

This member moaned about the complexity of the uno environment.

The thread is now closed and was answered by someone who, at first, claimed how easy it was, but there were 1 or 2 problems, as he later admitted.
1. that writing in the uno environment, even for a bigshot like him, is not easy, he gives no advice thereon
2. his answer was only partial and did not address the target nor the format for the date stamp
3. Just for the record, as he admits, he did not use macro recording which begs the questions be asked again "Why record a macro if it cant even play back simple ascii keys, let alone more complex navigation that may be required in a real spreadsheet.?"

I want to contact the guy asking the question to see if he was satisfied and what he (and I and guys at out level) can do about a situation like this.

How do I contact him?

Thank You
djp
Last edited by djpython on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Open Office 3.4.1 on MacOS 10.8
Hagar Delest

Re: How do I contact another member

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

There are icons under the users avatar or username to mail or PM.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10